Businesses find it tough to thrive in regular times, let alone emergency times when both the economy and demand for products and services are low. To establish a flourishing business, entrepreneurs and business owners need to take care of multiple factors. Funding needs to be secured by using online professional grant writing. Talented employees need to be hired using smart talent acquisition and so much more. However, even with all of these things in place, a business could still not be successful.
This is where the essential part of leadership quality comes into play — creativity. Creativity is the use of innovative and inquisitive thinking in creating business ideas, products, and services that add renewed benefits to the lives of the target stakeholders. It is this very creativity that businesses often tend to overlook or not pay enough attention to. Why is creativity essential for business success, and how can businesses make use of it. Let’s explore a little further.
Creativity isn’t just artistic value
Many businesses and entrepreneurs overlook the complete concept of creativity because they think it’s only limited to artistic value. However, that’s just the tip of the iceberg. There’s more to creativity than just that. The definition of creativity continues to change, but there are a few core concepts that will always stay at the foundation of creativity. They are
- Cognitive flexibility
- Emotional Intelligence
- Complex problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Judgment and decision-making
- People management
Even as we try to understand these basic concepts behind creativity and innovation, we must also identify why it is important. Getting funding to run a business isn’t tough, considering the many online professional grant writing services available. However, what’s tough is incorporating creativity and making use of its many benefits, which include
- It pushes competitors in the market to become competitive.
- It boosts productivity and enables innovative problem-solving.
- It helps keep your stakeholders interested and engaged.
- It nurtures the culture of the company and its employees.
- It enables employees to chart a better career path for themselves.
- It helps change the world by providing added value to the customers.
The key is to sustain creativity
The issue with businesses not being able to succeed isn’t that they cannot come up with creative ideas. Even if they have creative ideas, to begin with, they aren’t able to sustain that creativity in the company for a long time. Here are a few tips they can try out to help sustain creativity and ensure that the business is always running at its top potential.
- Reward creativity in the workplace, even if the idea isn’t put into production.
- Provide your talent with flexible working hours so that their creative juices can replenish.
- Give your talent time to recharge and help them take breaks every once in a while.
- Focus on adding value to your stakeholders’ lives instead of being the next viral thing in the market.
- Hire the right talent and ensure that their personal beliefs are in alignment with your business goals.
- Allow space for adaptability instead of finalizing a concrete plan for the get-go.
Knowing these things can help you take out the creative side in you and your employees. This way, you can effectively employ their skills in their work and productivity.